New York man found dead after ‘sick’ Airbnb flight
Posted July 05, 2018 08:04:09 A man who allegedly died while flying to New York from Australia was found dead on the ground at the airport, New York Police said.
The victim, who was reportedly in his 30s, was found by police in his cabin on Wednesday morning after he had suffered a cardiac arrest, the NYPD said.
Authorities did not say how the man died, nor whether he had been identified.
The investigation is ongoing.
The death came a week after the deaths of two New York City women who were found dead in their apartment after being drugged by an alleged Airbnb host.
Airbnb’s CEO says hosts are to blame for deaths of hosts http://t.co/6p7X1x0QKs pic.twitter.com/k9g6eUe8s2 — The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) July 4, 2018 A spokesman for Airbnb, who declined to provide further information, said that the company takes all safety and safety issues very seriously.
He said the company is currently reviewing its policies and regulations, and would have no further comment until the review is complete.
On Wednesday, New Yorkers Robyn and Stephanie Schoen told the New York Daily News that the pair had been drugged and had been planning to board a flight on Tuesday morning, when the man appeared to be intoxicated.
They said they tried to call the airline and told them that they had an emergency, but they were not able to call.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Robyn said the man was “extremely drunk” and said that when he entered the cab of the plane he “pushed a chair to my head and started shaking.”
“I asked him, ‘Why are you doing this?’ and he said, ‘Because it’s hot,'” she told the AP.
“He said, “You’re going to die.
It’s going to happen, you’re going, you’ll be dead.
“The New York Times reported that the man allegedly drugged the women on board the flight, which was supposed to take them to Los Angeles.
It said the pair’s story has similarities to that of a woman who was allegedly doused with gasoline and set on fire by a man she was hosting.
Police in New York said they had “no information to indicate that there was a threat” from the man, but declined to give details.
The police chief, Joseph R. Ponte, told the Times that the airline had a “zero tolerance” policy for any guests who were “acting suspiciously.”